Just out: The first of the Royal Town Planning Institute’s centenary papers in the Planning Horizons series. Thinking Spatially: Why places need to be at the heart of policy-making in the twenty-first century. Illustrated, closely-argued and fully referenced, the paper shows that by thinking spatially the connections and the solutions to the challenges become more apparent. The central message – a call to action for everyone involved in public policy – is that policy needs to be more integrated and strategic through a better understanding of the differences between places.
- Download Thinking Spatially [pdf, 3MB]
- Download Thinking Spatially A4 flyer [pdf, 2MB)
- Short podcast on Thinking Spatially
If you are looking for something to explain planning to non-specialists, the Royal Town Planning Institute has two new resources you can use!
- The RTPI Future Planners film Together, How Do We Plan Our World? is an entertaining 2½ minute film now on YouTube. Ideal for children, young people and schools.
- ‘Worldwide Value of Planning’ is an eight-page illustrated booklet showing the difference that planning can make, with examples drawn from all over the world Download [pdf, 7MB]
Royal Town Planning Institute